- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
In a small bowl whisk together flour, cornstarch, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
In a large bowl combine melted butter and brown sugar with a rubber spatula. Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla, stirring to combine. Stir in pumpkin puree until smooth. Add the flour in 3 batches, mixing well after each addition, until a soft dough forms. Fold in chocolate chips.
Chill dough in fridge for 30 minutes. Using a spring-loaded ice cream scoop or a spoon, roll the dough into golfball sized balls. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until set and edges are lightly browned. Let cool completely.