- 4 ounces dried or fresh fettuccine
- 16 large shrimp, deveined and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon cajun spice, plus more if desired
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 2 chopped fresh Italian parsley
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the fettuccine according to the package directions, or until al dente.
Place the shrimp in a medium bowl and sprinkle with the cajun spice and flour, tossing to coat.
In a saute pan heat the olive oil and butter over high heat. Add the shrimp and cook on each side until crisped, firm, and opaque but not overcooked, about 2 minutes per side. Remove the shrimp to a paper towel lined plate.
Add the chicken broth and cream to the saute pan, seasoning with additional cajun spice if desired. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium-high heat and cook until slightly thickened. Add the Parmesan cheese and stir until melted and incorporated. Add the fettuccine and shrimp to the saute pan and toss to coat with sauce. Divide between two plates and garnish with parsley and additional Parmesan cheese.