- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced pineapple, juice reserved for burgers
- 1 1/4 pounds 93% lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup dry plain breadcrumbs
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon reserved pineapple juice
- Hawaiian bread rolls, sliced in half (store-bought or homemade)
Preheat grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat.
With your hands, combine turkey, breadcrumbs, green onion, bell pepper, garlic, ginger, salt, Chinese five-spice powder, soy sauce, and pineapple juice in a large bowl. Be careful not to over-mix.
Shape turkey mixture into slider patties the same size as your Hawaiian rolls (turkey burgers won’t shrink once cooked like beef burgers).
Cook patties on the preheated grill until they are no longer pink in the center, about 3 minutes per side depending on the size of your patties and heat of your grill. An instant-read thermometer should register 160 degrees F when inserted into the center of a patty. While the turkey patties are cooking, place the pineapple rings on the grill until softened, 2-3 minutes per side. Toast bread rolls on grill, if desired.
Place a turkey patty slider on one half of each roll. Top with grilled pineapple rings, cutting into smaller pieces to fit patty if necessary. Add any other desired toppings before placing other half of roll onto slider. Serve immediately.