- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion roughly chopped
- 1 heaping teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup salsa (homemade is better but jarred is fine for a quick dinner!)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 lime juiced
In a heavy pot with a lid heat olive oil to medium and add onion, cumin, chili powder and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Cook onion, stirring regularly until it starts to soften. Add chicken, salsa and chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Remove chicken from pot and set aside. While chicken cools bring the sauce to a simmer, uncovered and reduce by half. When the chicken is cool enough shred it with two forks. Stir chicken back into sauce and reduce heat to low. Add lime juice. Taste and adjust for seasoning.