- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons (7.3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks (6 ounces) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup (7.1 ounces) creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup strawberry preserves
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and brown sugar on medium-high speed until well combined and fluffy, 2 minutes. Beat in peanut butter until combined. Beat in egg and vanilla. On low speed, gradually add flour mixture, beating until combined.
Scoop tablespoons of dough, shape into balls, and roll in remaining 1/4 cup of granulated sugar. Place on prepared baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart. Bake for 8 minutes, until cookies are puffy.
Remove from oven and make an indentation in the centers by pressing in with the end of a wooden spoon. Continue to bake for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before removing cookies to wire racks to cool completely.