- 2 heads garlic, halved crosswise
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 8 ounces Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Drizzle garlic heads with olive oil then warp tightly in aluminum foil Roast until tender, about 40 minutes. Let rest until cool enough to handle then squeeze garlic from papery skin and set aside.
Bring stock, potatoes, and roasted garlic to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan.
Let cool slightly then puree in with an immersion blender or in a traditional blender until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan.