For the month of SEPTEMBER we’re making:
One recipe every month. Bake it. Share it. Savor it.
Melt Hearts and win Prizes.
For September, we’re making my No Knead Pizza Dough.
Take a photo of your recipe using your phone, camera, iPad, or other device.
• Leave a star recipe review and comment on the recipe post using the same name and email address.
• Receive an automatic bonus entry if you’ve participated in any previous baking challenge before using the widget. You must be logged into the widget to receive this bonus.
Two Amazon.com $75 gift cards
Winners are picked randomly by our picker generator.
Here at Handle the Heat, we believe in spreading joy in all the ways we can, and making the world a better place one day at a time.
For each valid entry, Handle the Heat will donate $1 to the LGS Foundation. This charity holds a special place in HTH Team Member Emily’s heart and we’re proud to feature it this month.
Your photos may be put on display to share with my entire audience – that’s hundreds of thousands of people!
Tip One – How to Freeze Pizza Dough: After the dough has fermented in the fridge, you can freeze the dough in freezer-safe plastic containers for up to 1 month. Defrost the dough overnight in the fridge then allow it to sit at room temperature as directed above before shaping.
Tip Two – How to Stretch Out Pizza Dough:
1. Place a ball of pizza dough on a lightly floured work surface. Press into about a 6-inch circle with the palms of your hands.
2. Pick the dough up and stretch it out by holding one end and letting the other end fall, rotating gently. Or, drape the dough over your knuckles and slowly use your hands to rotate the dough, allowing it to fall and stretch. Continue this until the dough is stretched into about a 12-inch circle.
3. If at any point the dough springs back and doesn’t want to stretch out, simply cover it with a clean towel and let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
Tip Three – For Assembling Pizza: Use slightly less sauce and cheese than you think. The last thing you want is your pizza to be weighed down so much that it is soft or gummy and undercooked in the center. The other issue too many toppings can create is they can slide off when you slide your pie onto the baking stone.
Tip Four – For Assembling Pizza: Assemble each pizza on the pizza peel moments before you plan to cook it. The longer your pizza sits on the pizza peel, the more likely it will get stuck to it and not slide off easily.
Choose your own pizza adventure with the Flavor Variations outlined below.
For a more classic Neapolitan pizza, I simply top with:
• About 1/3 cup canned pureed San Marzano tomatoes, mixed with a splash of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt
• 3 ounces (85 grams) fresh mozzarella (preferably Buffalo mozzarella), sliced into ¼-inch pieces
• Kosher salt
• Fresh basil leaves (sprinkled on after cooking)
Super simple! If your cheese seems extra watery, blot the slices with paper towel and allow to sit for 10 to 15
minutes, then blot again.
If you prefer, here’s my more American-style pizza sauce recipe. I’ve also used this recipe to make pesto pizza with great success!
• Add meats: bacon, chicken, pepperoni, sausage, salami, or ham
• Get creative with: olives, fresh garlic, green peppers, mushrooms, onions, pepperoncini, pineapple, spinach, tomato, arugula, artichokes, or caramelized onions
• Drizzle different sauces on top: buffalo sauce, pesto, or BBQ sauce
• Veggie pizza: mushrooms, green peppers, tomatoes, black olives, and onions
• Hawaiian pizza: mozzarella, pineapple and ham (bacon optional!)
• Quattro Formaggio (four cheese pizza): mozzarella, parmesan, provolone, and bleu cheese
• White pizza: oil, fresh garlic, parmesan, mozzarella, ricotta cheese and tomato
Winners are selected at random using a name picker generator from among all eligible entries received.
Winner will be notified and must reply with an Amazon account email address. If there’s no response within 2 business days, a new winner will be chosen. We personally contact each winner to confirm their win, so it sometimes take a few days if we don’t receive a response.
We recommend clearing your web browser cache if you are having issues submitting your photo, a challenge page for a previous month is displaying, etc.
Control (PC) / Command (Mac) + Shift + Delete on your keyboard will clear the cache on most browsers. If you need any help with this, please email email@example.com and we’ll get you taken care of.
No! This isn’t a beauty contest. A photo snapped on your phone is perfectly fine to submit. Take a photo of your recipe with whatever technology is available to you.
The prize is available to anyone in the world who can shop with Amazon. We will buy your gift card from your country’s Amazon website in the current market value equivalent to U.S. dollars.
Question Not Listed?
Lemon Pound Cake Loaf Challenge
Prize: Amazon Gift Cards
Ultimate Muffins Challenge
Prize: Amazon Gift Cards
Ultimate Muffins Challenge
Prize: Amazon Gift Card
Join the Handle the Heat Membership to get EARLY access to the monthly baking challenge recipe pick, as well as an exclusive printable challenge cheatsheet containing the full recipe, tips from Tessa, customization ideas, recommended products and MORE!