- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 to 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, finely chopped, plus 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- Kosher salt
- 1 cooked rotisserie chicken, skinned and shredded (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 4 cups (about 3 ounces) tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup queso fresco (or feta cheese)
Combine the oil and garlic in a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until garlic is fragrant and sizzling, 1 to 2 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, chipotle, adobo sauce, and 1/2 cup water. Season with salt and bring to a boil. Reduce to a rapid simmer and cook until mixture is slightly thickened, about 6 to 8 minutes.
Add the shredded chicken to the pot and cook for 1 minute, or until warmed through and coated. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
Divide tortilla chips between 4 shallow bowls and top with chicken in sauce. Garnish with cilantro, sour cream, and queso fresco. Serve. Chicken in sauce can be stored in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 2 days.