- 2 cups cooked and drained chickpeas
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Dijon mustard, for serving
- Lettuce and any other accompaniments, for serving
Puree chickpeas and brown rice in a food processor until a thick paste forms. Transfer paste mixture to a medium bowl and stir in shallot, garlic, parsley, and cumin. Season mixture to taste with salt and pepper. Form into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side.
Spread mustard on each patty and serve hot with any accompaniments.