- 1 small head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 portobello mushrooms, stems removed and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 2 red bell peppers, ribs and seeds removed and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 4 thick slices country bread
- 4 ounces Gouda cheese, thinly sliced
Move oven rack 4-inches away from upper heating element and preheat broiler. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and toss broccoli with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Broil, tossing once, until broccoli begins to char slightly, 4-6 minutes.
Add mushrooms and peppers to pan and season with salt and pepper, tossing to combine. Broil, tossing once or twice, until vegetables are tender, 8-10 minutes. Set aside.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Spread mayonnaise mixture on bread sliced. Top with vegetables and cheese. Place on baking sheet and broil until cheese is melted and lightly browned, 2-4 minutes. Serve immediately.