- 20 uncooked jumbo pasta shells (about 8 ounces)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- cooking spray
- 3 cups marinara sauce, store-bought or homemade
- 1/3 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta shells for 7 minutes, or until almost al dente. Drain well.
Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add shallots, cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic, cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add cream cheese, milk, and pepper, cook, stirring, until cheese melts and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and stir in basil.
Place shrimp in a large bowl and sprinkle with cornstarch. Toss to coat. Add cream cheese mixture to shrimp, toss well.
Divide shrimp mixture evenly among pasta shells. Coat a 13x9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1 cup marinara over bottom of dish. Arrange stuffed shells over marinara, top with remaining 2 cups marinara. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake 25-30 minutes, or until shrimp is cooked.