This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy.
Greek-inspired Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken is delightfully juicy and flavorful. Have this gourmet chicken recipe on your dinner table in 30 minutes!
Winner winner chicken dinner. I can’t tell you how many chicken dinners I’ve consumed in my life and I’m sure you’re in the same boat. Chicken, especially chicken breasts, can get old FAST. They’re not very flavorful on its own, and because they’re relatively cheap, quick, healthy, and simple, it gets used and abused for weeknight dinners. There’s nothing worse than sitting down for dinner only to bite into a dry, bland, sad looking piece of chicken. We’ve all been there.
I’m on a mission to change boring chicken breasts for dinner with this recipe for spinach and feta stuffed chicken. It looks and tastes like a gourmet restaurant dish, but it’s on your dinner table and it only took 30 minutes to get there. It’s actually flavorful, and the chicken itself is juicy and tender. I love stuffed chicken because it breaks up the texture to keep your mouth interested. I hope you add this chicken recipe to your weekly menu!
What’s your favorite weeknight chicken recipe?
Taste: I love the combination of spinach and feta, especially when it’s inside savory chicken! This is bound to become a family favorite.
Texture: The chicken is juicy and tender while the filling is chunky (but in a good way). Makes for a wonderful mouthfeel.
Ease: 30 minutes! Cutting the chicken open for the stuffing might seem difficult, just use a small sharp knife and take your time with it. It doesn’t have to be absolutely perfect, the filling will stay inside for the most part even if you cut a hole.
Appearance: Doesn’t this look like a dish from a restaurant??
Pros: Fresh, easy, fast, gourmet.
Would I make this again? Absolutely yes.
- 1 (10-ounce) package chopped frozen spinach leaves, defrosted and squeezed of as much liquid as possible
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the spinach, feta, yogurt, green onions, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Use a sharp paring knife to cut a 1-inch-wide slit into the thick end of each chicken breast and carefully cut down to the center to form a pocket, being extra careful not to slice all the way through. Divide the stuffing mixture among the pockets. Press to seal shut, using a toothpick if necessary. Sprinkle the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sauté for 4 minutes, or until golden. Turn the chicken over and place the skillet in the oven. Bake for 12 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.