This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy.
Ultimate Guacamole is our new favorite guacamole recipe complete with bacon and goat cheese! This is such a crowd-pleaser and is perfect for Cinco de Mayo. You NEED to make this!!
Avocados are weird. They’re a food I’ve had to teach myself to love. I have a weird thing about foods that don’t require chewing. Anytime I eat a banana, avocado, yogurt, etc., I feel like a baby because no teeth or chewing are required. If I’m eating yogurt, I HAVE to add granola or fruit or chocolate chips for some sort of satisfying crunch. That’s why guacamole was a great introduction to learning to love the avocado’s smooth buttery texture. It plays so nicely with a super crunchy tortilla chip! Most pre-made and even many restaurant guacamole recipes are fairly boring. My version of Ultimate Guacamole has every fixin’ you could want, and it is SO addictive. Make this recipe for Cinco de Mayo. Or, if you’re smart, make it tomorrow. You won’t regret it!
Guacamole is best served immediately after making. If you need to make ahead of time, immediately place the guacamole in a resealable container just big enough to contain all of it. Squeeze some additional lemon or lime juice over the surface of the guacamole. Press plastic wrap against the surface of the guacamole then top the container with its lid. Store in the fridge for the rest of the day.
- 4 strips bacon, crisp cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 3 Hass avocados
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Cut each avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit and discard. Scoop the flesh out into a medium bowl. Mash with a fork until desired consistency. Add in half the bacon and half the goat cheese, reserving the rest for garnish. Add in the chives, cilantro, jalapeno, lemon juice, lime juice, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with the remaining bacon and goat cheese. Serve immediately with chips.