For the butter pecans:
- 3 tablespoons (43 grams) Tillamook Extra Creamy Unsalted Butter, diced
- 2 cups (227 grams) pecan halves, finely chopped
For the cake:
- 2 cups (254 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups (300 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 sticks (227 grams) Tillamook Extra Creamy Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the glaze:
- 1 stick (113 grams) Tillamook Extra Creamy Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup (67 grams) light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (188 grams) powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon fine salt
Make the butter pecans:
In a large stainless skillet set over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the pecans and cook until lightly browned and fragrant, stirring often, about 4 minutes. Spread on a baking sheet to cool.
Make the cake:
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Butter a 10-by-15-inch jellyroll pan.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the butter and water and heat until the butter melts. Bring to a boil. Once the mixture is boiling, remove from heat and add in the flour mixture. Let cool slightly before adding in the buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla. Gently stir in three quarters of the butter pecans.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan, spreading evenly. Tap the pan against the counter to release any air bubbles. Bake for about 23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool slightly on a cooling rack while you make the glaze.
Make ahead: The cake can be made a day ahead of time. Store covered at room temperature.
Make the glaze:
Combine the butter and cream in a large heat-proof bowl. Microwave until the butter is melted. You can also do this using a small saucepan on the stove.
Whisk in the brown sugar and powdered sugar until combined. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Pour evenly over the warm cake. Sprinkle immediately with remaining butter pecans.
Let set for about 15 minute before slicing and serving. Cake can be covered and stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.